Tuesday, September 30, 2008

County Politics

Quote:
"The day we lose our will to fight, is the day we lose our freedom."

I thought I would discuss county politics tonight! Because I ride around and see all the sheriff signs everywhere. Let me just start off saying that I don't think we could have a better person serving Sheriff of Gwd. County right now other than Sheriff Dan, he has done some great things for this county. But, it's funny, because we all want our next sheriff to be someone who takes care of the bad guys and locks them up. We want that person to fix the bad things that go on within our community and county. BUT, lets hypothetically say, our kid gets caught doing something bad. And this bad isn't something little like lying but this bad is getting caught with drugs or underage drinking. What's funny to me though, is that when it happens to your kid(s) you get mad that they got in trouble with the law and got their face plastered all over the newspaper. Because they get in trouble and everyone knows about it, then they can't participate in school activities and so forth. Your child is an angel right? Or Maybe you are just in denial that your kid got in REALLY bad trouble and you don't want to face the consequences and take responsibility for your child. You get mad at the police and everyone else involved and blame it on other people...when the only people at fault is you and your child. Then you say, No, I think only the hardcore criminals should be locked up or there are worse things in the world they could focus on other than some underage teens drinking. But, what if law enforcement didn't get involved? Your child could drive home drunk, get in a wreck, and wind up dead. I see this, or at least feel like this is going on with our county. It takes me back to the whole question of "Why are you voting for who you are going to vote for?"
This is just a little opinion of mine...I could be wrong...but this IS MY blog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree! It is YOUR blog, and don't let anyone tell you how to write or even what to write!!! Speak the truth!

Diane said...

look at you!
blog on...
:)